These are some Great Ideas to Jump Start a Nutrition Plan
If you want to live a healthy lifestyle then you are going to have to eat that way. Eat to live, not live to eat. Gone will be all the things you are probably used to eating and in its place? Good nutritious food that will nourish your body and feed your brain. But going cold turkey into a clean eating lifestyle can be hard. So my advice; take it slowly and pick one you can do, master it, then pick another.
Some Styles of Healthy Eating
- Real Food – all whole foods, nothing processed. Can be difficult to do and can be expensive.
- Paleo Diet – using foods that work with our genetics to stay fit.
- Mediterranean Diet – a diet low in red meat, sugar and harmful fats and high in produce, nuts and fish.
- Low Carb – eating a diet lower in carbohydrates, high in protein, and moderate in healthy fats.
Try these things to Jump Start a Nutrition Plan and get on your way to a healthier you!
- Cut out 1 unhealthy item from your diet completely. When you are first starting out, try and get rid of just one thing you normally eat. A doughnut or muffin you have each morning. French fries, potato chips, or maybe a nightly dessert.
- Ditch the Soda or Sugary drinks, and yes even Diet Soda. Replace it with at least 128 ounces of water per day.
- Get rid of fried foods, like fries, chicken, and appetizers. They are cooked in saturated fat and harmful for you.
- If you like eggs, ditch the yoke on most, or all of them. They still have a good amount of protein and are lower in calories.
- Start cutting your portion sizes. Eat slower and not as much.
- Switch from white bread to whole wheat bread.
- Add fruits and vegetables to each meal.
- Try and eat less refined carbs, such as sugar, white flour, and white rice.
- Eat more lean protein at each meal.
- Have more meals per day with smaller portions to boost your metabolism.
- Eat oatmeal instead of cold cereal.
- Eat less of things in a package, box, or can.
Remember the goal here is to get into a healthy eating habit. Don’t try and tackle all of this at once. Go slow, try one for a week or two. When you can do it automatically then pick another. You will be on your way to clean eating in no time at all.
What other tips do you have to Jump Start a Nutrition Plan?